[PSUBS-MAILIST] High Pressure Pump

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 25 15:42:05 EDT 2017

Thanks Greg & Hank,
size is a determining factor for me as I am building a one person sub
smaller than Cliff's R300.
That 500 psi battery powered unit looks good Greg. I wonder if I could
put salt water through it though!
I saw this marine pump that looks a good alternative if I can't find anything
in the high pressure range. But it doesn't say you can run salt water through it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Seaflo-100-PSI-Water-Pump-RV-Boat-High-Pressure-Marine-Boat-4-Year-Warranty-/191830266640
It is small, not much bigger than a 1 litre milk bottle (in picture)
There is this 1600psi AC water blaster with a "corrosion free for life" pump.
https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/karcher-k2-basic-electric-waterblaster-1400-watt/p/269411
Perhaps I could replace the motor with one of my 2000W brushless DC motors?
Attached photo is of a water blaster motor & pump I have, one of my DC brushless motors with key way & a 1 litre (quart) bottle of milk for size comparison. Although
the water blaster is an AC unit, it has a universal motor & I have run it on 32V DC, but is very weak.
Another thought was to pull apart the water blaster pump & hard anodise the
aluminium pump body! Here we go again!