[PSUBS-MAILIST] asherRe: High Pressure Pump

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 26 06:17:15 EDT 2017

Hi Psubbers,
Attached is the Karcher 36V battery operated 750psi pressure washer disassembled.
I ran it before pulling it apart. It moves about 10 litres of water in 2 minutes so
a bit on the slow side. It will be OK for trimming & pumping out any excess water
but if I wanted to use it to adjust the buoyancy by 30kg for a lighter pilot, it
will take me 6 minutes. It's noisy, a bit less than your normal electric pressure
washer & probably bearable without ear muffs in the sub. It could be insulated.
It has a full power -economy & off switch. I don't know whats going on electrically
so will take it to the Karcher service centre & see what I can find out.
I have a suitable speed controller & it may be as simple as getting rid of all
the wiring accept the red & black coming out of the motor & attaching to my
motor controller.