[PSUBS-MAILIST] diesel conversion

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 5 16:40:53 EDT 2017

Hi All,I am looking for a single cylinder diesel engine for Gamma.  The engine must be able to fit through the escape pod hatch (18 in)  and be water cooled.It does not need to be a marine engine because I can make my own water cooled exhaust etc.  I can make this conversion very quickly because I will reuse the jettisoning  propeller drive that was on Gamma originally.  I will simply weld in a reinforcing ring in the escape pod and bolt in the original magnetic coupler assembly, less the electric motor.  I will mount the engine on a track so I can remove it and use the escape pod in an emergency.  I will have an external fuel tank that is pressure rated.  Any leads or ideas are appreciated.Hank