[PSUBS-MAILIST] Islamorada Trip Report...

River Dolfi via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 8 21:26:19 EDT 2017

Cliff,
What if you used a vertical towing bridle attached to the upper lifting lug
and the point below directly below it on the bottom of the sub? If the sub
begins to tow sideways like it did when we were tied onto the top lug or
the MBT plug, the towline will slide along the bridle and allow the sub to
keep it's normal attitude instead of rolling or diving.

For everyone else, the main reason we couldn't tow at higher speeds is that
above about 5MPH the sub would tend to dive, much like flying a kite in
reverse.

--
-River J. Dolfi

412-997-2526