[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gamma's diesel engine

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 11 17:08:17 EDT 2017

Hi Greg,Thank you for the input.  That is good to know that the captain liked the diesel model.  I have been torn over the idea, but since I have an actual engine room with insulated door, it should be fine.  My 6 hp motor sounds small now, I can get a bigger one.  My problem is it has to fit through a 18 in dia opening with ease so the escape pod can still be an escape pod.  Gamma had a 2 hp electric originally with the prop in the centre of the height.  I figure the 6 hp diesel should be double that and spin the prop twice the speed.  I will take the transmission advice, I have one so no problem there.Hank