[PSUBS-MAILIST] UC3 Nautilus

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 11 20:29:35 EDT 2017

Not looking good; He took the reporter out, & didn't return, so search &
rescue was contacted. His sub sunk after he was identified by a light house
& radio contact was made. He says he dropped her off on an Island in other
reports.

The Nautilus set out from Refshale Island, a former shipyard redeveloped as an entertainment and activity spot, at about 7 p.m. local time on Thursday, according to a police timeline.
Two helicopters and three ships combed the sea from Copenhagen to the Baltic Sea island of Bornholm after police received the report it had not gotten back to land just after 3:30 a.m. It was spotted by a lighthouse in Koge Bay, a seaport south of the city, at 10:30 a.m.
"A radio contact was established for the boat, which, according to the owner, was heading towards the harbor," the police statement said. Half an hour later "the submarine suddenly sank and the owner was subsequently rescued on a private motorboat sailing him in port."
Madsen "told us he had technical problems" when asked to explain why the submarine failed to respond to radio contact earlier in the day, Damgaard said.

Sent from my iPad