[PSUBS-MAILIST] UC3 Nautilus

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 13 15:43:26 EDT 2017

Jon,
we had a case in N.Z. where a yachty was charged & convicted of the murder of
two tourists who have never been found. Part of the evidence against him was that
he had meticulously cleaned every centimetre of the inside of his yacht to destroy
any DNA evidence. I suspect that this is what Peter was trying to achieve by flooding
his sub.  This event was shortly after radio contact was made & search boats were
closing in on him.
As a publicity stunt you would have to have the missing girls family & friends in on
it, otherwise it would be extremely cruel to them, & I can't see that happening.
   He didn't return to port as he said, prompting the search.
   He didn't respond to radio contact initially, saying he had a temporary radio failure.
   He sunk his submarine after contact was made by the lighthouse & search boats
were nearing him.
   And the girl hasn't been able to be contacted or seen for 4 days.
I hope if he is guilty, that he just confesses, as it would be easier on him & every
one else in the long run.
 Very sad that someones talented daughter & friend has gone missing.