[PSUBS-MAILIST] speed controllers

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 26 09:23:40 EDT 2017

I bought my controllers from an american company but have no clue if they purchased them from a Chinese source.  However, they are rated for 60amps but the MK101's only pull 40amps at 100% thrust.  I agree with Alan's philosophy, purchasing electronics rated higher than their intended use gives you some buffer room that hopefully won't tax the item on it's extreme end.  I did the same with my electric welder, purchased a 250amp but have never used more than 125 amps with it.
Jon