[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED recommendations

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 27 22:29:01 EDT 2017

While we're in the middle of an LED investigation, can those of you
actively diving with LED lighting give us a guideline on a range of
lumens we should be striving for (per lamp), how many lamps, spot or flood?

I know Alec was using an oil-filled 3000 lumen lamp on SNOOPY before
selling it.  I've been looking at PRIMELUX 8100 lumen lamp that seems
like it could be easily adapted for oil or air compensation.  Generally
I would say more light is better but also need to be careful about power
consumption so I don't want to purchase more light than is necessary for
general operations.

Jon