[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED recommendations

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 28 09:52:57 EDT 2017

 Emile, a couple of questions:

   - Are you using the /Bridgelux Vero 29 BXRC-50G10K0-L-24 array, if not
   what Vero 29 part number?
   - On the Sensor Extreme LED driver, are you using the 2050mA factory
   output current? If not, which factory current? This would match pretty well
   the 2.1A current draw on the Vero 28 at maximum power.
   - The driver doc says “Maybe you need to cool the driver, attach him if
   necessarily with an electrically insulating material such as thermal pad on
   a metal surface/heat sink”.  I don’t see any kind of metal surface on
   the driver to effectively mechanical/thermally connect this to a heat sink.
   In your enclosure, do you use a heat sink on the driver?
   - Is your LED enclosure 1-atm air filled or pressure compensated with
   oil?
   - Are you connecting these directly to a 36V nominal AGM battery bank
   (30-40V)?  If so, the driver documentation says “It is important to
   ensure that the input voltage <= total-Led voltage. (Boost Principle).  If
   not the LED(s) get to much voltage and can damage!  If you had a new
   fully charged 36v bank, the actual voltage would be around 40V.  If the
   Vero 29 wants 38v, is this an issue?
   - You said that you do not run the light at full power?  Why?
   - Can you share a picture of the enclosure?
   - Can you run these lights out of water?
   - What kind of electrical disconnect to you have on the light enclosure.
   - This looks like a great LED driver. I am considering it for the 10K
   PSUB light project which is on hold pending finding a LED driver.

Best regards

Cliff

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 3:07 AM, emile via Personal_Submersibles <