[PSUBS-MAILIST] High Pressure Air System Thread Sealants

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 30 07:54:05 EST 2017

Hi guys, common industry practice here in Australia is to use Teflon tape
for HP tapered thread connections, including for  HP oxygen (but using
oxygen clean tape). Using sealant alone I can tell you from personal
experience it's very hard to get a bubble-tight seal and stainless on
stainless threads will gall up more often than not. I use thin oxygen clean
tape from Western Enterprises (USA) and do 6-10 tight wraps.

Cheers,
Steve Fordyce

On 30 Dec 2017 3:05 pm, "Alan via Personal_Submersibles" <