[PSUBS-MAILIST] circulation fan

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Feb 12 19:48:29 EST 2017

I like the idea of being able to reverse the fan. Hmmm ... need to think about that.  Looking at how Jim Harris cools his subs on the surface, I found one of those roll around AC units where you poke the exhaust out the window. Got it cheap used on Craigslist. I'll mount an adapter to the cooling vent side and then snake a flexible clothes drier hose up and in through the hatch, blowing in cold air. Should be great for working on Harold in the summer.

BTW, here's the miniature rheostat I used. With a little dremel work I could stick it inside the bilge blower mount with the switch sticking out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qunqi-1-8V-3V-5V-6V-12V-2A-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-w-Potentiometer-Switch-/252591839147?hash=item3acfa597ab

 I'm planning to mount the scrubber on the port side, just about in the middle of the arc, right behind the pilot seat. Air flow will be pointed aft. With the bilge fan all the way aft on the starboard side, it should set up a slow motion circular air flow. That's the plan at least. Or I might try to mount the scrubber all the way forward on the port side. That's where Kittredge had his in the K600. The sensor for the PPO2 meter hangs in front of the bilge fan, about a foot away from it. O2 is added beneath the scrubber, at the inlet, and then mixed as it's pulled through. Kind of like an O2 rebreather.

Get Outlook for Android