[PSUBS-MAILIST] scrubber performance

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 15 13:33:32 EST 2017

Sean,You were correct, I pre heated the sub to 20C and the performance improved, after 10 minutes or so the scrubber performance really improved.  When I travel to my dive site, I will turn on the scrubber while the sub is hot inside and it can get warmed up before I dive.  I put a PWM controller on the fan but it performs best at full speed.The new Radial scrubber alone keeps up just fine (1700 PPM ) with the sensor at the front of the sub and the circulation fan running about 1\4 throttle.I will likely need both scrubbers going with a passenger.Hank