[PSUBS-MAILIST] thruster compensation

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 15 17:13:23 EST 2017

Cunning plan Hank.
So the cylinder is just really a bladder that keeps the motor
fluid at ambient pressure!
If you fitted an extension spring on the external rod to give a 4 or 5 psi overpressure
you would have something akin to a commercial compensator!
Even better, fit a spring of the correct strength internally.
You could even fit a micro switch inside the cylinder to indicate low oil level, & maybe
water ingress, & have the wiring run out one of the ports!
I like this idea, will look in to it.