[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub launch musings

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 16 03:02:38 EST 2017

I'm quite keen on a small pontoon gantry design that will launch and
recover with limited draught, provide plenty of flotation and
stability for entry/egress from the sub and would reduce transit time
to and from remote dive sites. I'm working on a design that will
telescope horizontally, thus facilitating a variable breadth of the
'toons (for added stability on water, ease of travel on road). Still,
I'm afraid open ocean operations will remain a formidable challenge. ~
Doug