[PSUBS-MAILIST] inside battery

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 20 11:37:36 EST 2017

Hi Hank,

Certainly the battery of choice for the inside would be AGM, but on the
other hand plenty of subs had lead acid batteries inside the hull for eons
before AGMs were invented (everything from military subs to K250s). So if
it were me I'd use the lead acid batteries as an initial test just as you
proposed, but replace with AGM when it's time to replace them. As for the
oil, it serves no purpose inside the cabin as I presume it was just for
pressure compensation. Why not just drain the boxes to save weight? I don't
see the oil as presenting a danger, but it does present a danger of
messiness.

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:13 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <