[PSUBS-MAILIST] O-ring groove machining

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Feb 24 22:19:07 EST 2017

Hi Alan,

Get yourself some rolls of sandpaper. Not sheets but rolls, about an inch
wide. When you're done turning your piece, crank up the speed a bit and put
a length of tape around it. It allows you to polish it up while keeping
your hands away. Go to your fine tape and then spray with coolant for the
final polish. I can't think of anything I turn on a lathe that I don't use
tape on. Ah, the only exception is plastic.

Best,

Alec

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <