[PSUBS-MAILIST] transducer

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jan 8 15:03:33 EST 2017

While we are on the topic of underwater transducers and how deep they are
rated for, it brought up something else that I wanted to put out there. I
bought my OTS set up for my sub and support boat about 3 or 4 years ago and
about a year ago I called their tech support and asked them what the depth
rating was for their transducers. I believe they said that they figured
around 200' or so. Having a K-350, I figured that wouldn't work. They said
that they just came out with a newer model that was good for a lot deeper
(past the working depth of the K-350) so I bought it from a rep on Maui for
$150 or so.
OTS seems to be used by a lot of Psuber,s so has anyone out there that is
using an older model had their sub transducer fail? if so you might check
into the new model that can go deeper. Be interesting to hear from you all.
Thanks and happy new year all.

Rick

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <