[PSUBS-MAILIST] O2 tanks

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 2 01:47:43 EDT 2017

Cliff, ( or anyone)
I was thinking of ways of making my one person sub idiot proof with
regard to the turning on of the O2 supply. If I let anybody dive it I won't
be in there to oversee.
My ideas are to have a switch under the seat ( as they have on ride on lawn
mowers) & a hatch closure switch ( which is required by G.L. ) linked to
the O2 system so that when both switches are closed ( pilot seated &
hatch closed) the O2 feed system is activated. This will be the solenoid top
up part of the O2 system. A sign & maybe audible voice will say " Turn on Oxygen
valve". So the system will be like the DW O2 add system where there is a
minimal amount of O2 constantly flowing but the balance flows in from a solenoid
valve activated by O2 level readings.
The CO2 scrubber could also be linked.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks Alan