[PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 copyright infringement

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 10 12:29:30 EDT 2017

PSUBS is incorporated as a private LLC in New Hampshire.  We have an IRS EIN number and pay taxes.  Conversion to a nonprofit and governed by a board is something I have talked about for some time, something I have looked into, and something that does need to happen sooner rather than later.  However, conversion to a nonprofit is more complex than filing singly or between a couple of people.  Both state and federal governments require more in-depth articles of incorporation and by-laws for nonprofit than profit LLC's.  Additionally, most states require a governing board of 3-5 people to operate the non-profit, and that has been the biggest issue...finding five people that are as serious about the business side of PSUBS as they are about consuming the content of PSUBS.
This is a good reminder that I need to get the ball rolling on this again.  PSUBS is 21 years old this year and I'm hoping we can set it up for another 50.
Jon