[PSUBS-MAILIST] sphere construction,

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 12 21:09:17 EDT 2017

Hank,
How about bolting them together along with the glue.
Keith T.

-------- Original message --------From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 7/12/17  5:50 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sphere construction,
Hi all,Today I had an idea that would not have been possible before I had a big lathe.  I can buy a series of 4 inch thick rings and machine them flat, glue them together to create a sphere.  The rings can be machined individually so when glued together I have a sphere.  The beauty of this is I can have additional thickness where I need it, like the hatch land.  The ring that makes up the hatch land can be thicker.Any reason this is a bad idea.Hank