[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ethical obligation to inform

Fri Jul 14 10:01:17 EDT 2017

Where do they perceive a vacuum in the regulations regarding submarines? Construction standards abound, and existing regulations for small craft should apply (i.e licensing over 10 HP, etc.) Operational rules already exist in the form of the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea. Surfacing / diving as a special consideration would appear to be covered by the requirement for maintaining a competent watch.

What specifically do they want to regulate that doesn't already exist?

Sean