[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ethical obligation to inform

Gregory Snyder via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 15 01:15:32 EDT 2017

Hi Phil,
Obviously you have way more experience than any of us in this regard.
I definitely agree that NO ONE wants to be forced to follow any government mandates to pursue a hobby. Even the "bathtub" guys. If they are dumb enough to go to the bottom of crush depth and get injured, well then that is really just them being dumb and they sort of get what they deserve.
And I also definitely see your point that being a contributor may actually move us closer to regulation.
I think a relevant question at this point is do you think that regulations on personal submarines will be mandated at some point?
If so, is there something that we could/should do in the interim?
I personally believe that it's your life and your responsibility to be safe.
Maybe just offering a dialogue and a place to go for interested parties is enough.
Thoughts?

Thanks!
Best personal regards
Greg