[PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS in Islamorada FL

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 23 07:55:56 EDT 2017

Alec,Do you flood all the tanks at the same time, or for and aft separately.?  Does the sub sink evenly and then suddenly tip forward?Hank

On Saturday, July 22, 2017, 12:38:55 PM EDT, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

Hi Tim,
There's been lots of planning, but offline among those who expressed an interest in attending. To summarize, the dive dates are August 1-3. Snoopy is at the Suhr's but probably will not be diving. Shackleton has an issue that I will be trying to resolve doing canal tests, making use of the calm water, davits, and brain trust on hand. I suspect the issue is that some tanks are flooding faster than others. She takes a nose dive on submerging. I'm not sure the issue will be resolved, but the test location and friends on hand make it worth the trip. R300 will be there and is all systems go, but Cliff's challenge will most likely be habitability given the temperatures, so he'll try to do tows and transits submerged just to keep the cabin conditions manageable.
If anyone else is interested in joining us, now would be the perfect time to speak up.

Best,
Alec