[PSUBS-MAILIST] A new adventure

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 7 23:00:09 EDT 2017

Wow! that is amazing Scott !Hank

    On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:28 PM, via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hey PSubbers!,

I have been busy as can be with the refit of Pisces VI and I thought I would give an update. A lot of the support items are done or almost done such as the mobile shipping hanger and the mobile shop which are both 20' HiCube shipping containers designed to travel anywhere in the world. Parts are showing up left and right such as the tracking system, thrusters, comms etc. We are now ready to attach the personnel sphere back onto the frame and start slapping on parts. We have a great team from all around the world working on the project and are hopping for a completion in summer of 2018.

I am leaving tomorrow for Costa Rica to meet up with the Wood Hole Oceanographic submarine DSV Alvin and the support ship Atlantis where I will be spending a month working with the crew and doing dives off Costa Rica, Panama, and the Cayman Trench. I am assisting with some updates on the submarine with fiber optic data penetrators while we are in transit from the Cayman trench back to Woods Hole MA. This is a tremendous opportunity for me to learn from the best of the best and use it to apply to Pisces VI.

If you would like to get the updates and pictures of Pisces VI and my adventure working on DSV Alvin be sure to follow the Pisces VI Facebook page. www.facebook.com/piscessub

Thank you,
Scott Waters