[PSUBS-MAILIST] syntactic foam.

james cottrell via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 10 14:10:16 EDT 2017

Hank,
I like your idea. What if you were to use an environmentally friendly oil that is a solid at room temps? In other words heat it to liquid state , pour it in the spheres and let it solidify?
Greg

      From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:44 PM
 Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] syntactic foam.

I have an idea, but not sure if it will work.  My idea is to fill a neutrally buoyant container with macro and micro spheres.  After the container is as full as possible, then fill with an environmentally friendly oil.  This would be more buoyant than using a resin and less complicated and cheaper.  My concern is, how well will the spheres stand up against breaking from being in contact with the other spheres and the container.   Are these spheres delicate?  Hank_______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org