[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pan/Tilt camera

River Dolfi via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 12 07:56:48 EDT 2017

I purchased a cheap chinese-made PTZ security camera with weather enclosure
on eBay for home security purposes. Something like this.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HD-1-3-Sony-CCD-540TVL-Pan-Tilt-Zoom-PTZ-Vandal-Proof-Dome-CCTV-Camera-/132175552363?hash=item1ec646df6b:g:uFEAAOSwjqVZBPqE>

It was in a sealed aluminum housing with a thick glass globe and rubber
gasket. I suppose you could try air compensating one for a periscope/third
person sub view.

I was watching HURL dive on the japanese midget subs sunk off Hawaii on the
Pearl Harbor anniversary. They had a 2 ROV setup with a small, nimble ROV
getting closeups and a larger mother ROV hovering above the wreck,
providing umbilical power, and a view of the entire wreck to better
navigate the small ROV.

--
-River J. Dolfi

412-997-2526