[PSUBS-MAILIST] definition

Mon Jun 12 20:36:41 EDT 2017

That would be the crush strength in consideration of uniformly applied external pressure (i.e. hydrostatic pressure due to immersion depth) only, and does not consider stress concentration effects from non-uniform loading, as is the case when any surface points of contact exist, or if any mechanical load (tension, compression, torque or bending) is applied either directly or through a matrix material to which the sphere is bonded.

Sean