[PSUBS-MAILIST] landing craft

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 14 21:10:32 EDT 2017

Hi All,Got a problem to solve, my sub barge has a 30 hp outboard motor.  When I try to cruise fast it cavitates real bad.  When I push something that won't move like a dock, I can push at full throttle no problem.  I am planning to build a landing craft 36 feet long using the steel hull from my paddle wheeler.  I am building it to carry and launch Elementary.  My concern is, because it is a displacement hull and it will be slow,  will I have the same problem with cavitation  that the  barge has.  Do I need to use a jet instead?   I can't work on it for a year, but I want to  source all the parts, engine, drive etc etc.Hank