[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: vivian

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 16 16:26:37 EDT 2017

Kieth,That is a beast, you must have a substantial sub support boat!  I love it !!!!!  My Vivian will run at 50 rpm no problem.Hank

    On Friday, June 16, 2017 11:36 AM, k6fee via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hank,
That's a nice old engine! I have to confess, I've been holding out from everyone on the forum. While I don't have a submarine yet, I do have a support vessel, powered by a 1929 Atlas Imperial diesel engine.
Here's a link to my youtube channel with some videos of the boat and engine.
https://youtu.be/qLaCgX2Tdc0
Keith T.

-------- Original message --------From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 6/15/17 3:32 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: vivian
The engine is a 1935 Vivian Gas 15 hp.  at 250 rpm  it weighs 1,200 lbs and is hand start.  One mag was stuck on advance and it kicked back on me and tossed me like a rag doll an I was pretty injured.  My wife refused to come with me if it was hand start after that.  Now it is air start ;-)  and installed in my cedar fantail launch 26 feet.  Paddles look cool and accelerate like craze but it would be to slow on a landing craft.  Also the boat would be to wide to transport unless I pull the wheels off.Hank