[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Test Chamber

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 21 03:40:20 EDT 2017

Hi Hugh & Alan,
Good point to consider, but it would depend on the flashpoint of the oil.
SCUBA compressors do the exact combination of pressure/air/oil and don't
explode.  Diesel engines do too - sort of, anyway.  Mineral oil designed
for compressors would be a good option although pricey (AU$200 for 20L
recently). Shell Corena P150 mineral oil is what I use.

High pressure air is a mechanical hazard to be considered in and of
itself.  I'd highly recommend installing a relief valve (or device) on any
test chamber or other vessel.

Cheers,
Steve

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles <