[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Test Chamber

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 21 06:27:03 EDT 2017

Alan,I wondered about the oil under such pressure behind air  also but then thought of situations in real life where this happens.  A hydraulic system can very easily have an air pocket until it works itself out.  For instance when you change a cylinder it takes a bit of time to work the air out and it is under full pressure and in many cases higher than 3,000 psi.  My concern with what you described is the volume of air at the top of the chamber, but your your chamber is pretty darn bullet proof.  I use air to pressurize my chambers with water and figure the volume of air in the 36 inch long 1\4  dia hose is not going to amount to anything.  I always have a barrier between me and the chamber, but my chamber is home made.  I am not sure why you want all the mess with oil, can't you just drain it and wipe it down with WD-40.  It is a clever idea but I see a big mess to clean up. Hank