[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Test Chamber

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 22 21:28:37 EDT 2017

Just to give a fuller picture of Diesel engine compression, typical pressures at TDC run 470-500 psi ( with 22 to 1 compression ratio). The air compressed being 800 - 1000 degrees F depending on humidity, altitude, etc.
Keith T.

-------- Original message --------From: Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 6/22/17  6:00 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Test Chamber
Hi Hugh,Thanks for taking the time to respond in detail (including on the diesel engine example - I see now it's still a relatively low compression ratio).  Fair enough - take-home message is that high temperatures can be generated with only moderate pressures.
I couldn't agree more about the mix of people on this list - I've always been impressed with the variety of skills and knowledge they bring together, what they turn into reality, and (on a sober note) how few incidents there are.
Cheers,Steve