[PSUBS-MAILIST] formula

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 3 14:27:55 EST 2017

Hank,
air weighs .0807 lbs per cubic foot approximately, depending on temperature.
So if you have an 80 cubic foot scuba tank the air weight full is 6.45 lb.
A scuba tank is 80 cubic ft at 3000 psi. If you halve the pressure you halve
the amount of air & weight. In other words, if you double the pressure you
double the weight for a given volume.
Let us know what you are trying to calculate if this doesn't help.