[PSUBS-MAILIST] potting epoxy

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 10 20:30:40 EST 2017

Brian,
just had a look at the link to the potting epoxy.
Make sure you buy the SS (slow setting) version for larger volume casts.
The other versions seem designed for pouring over wiring & I can't see any
reference as to how thick you can pour it.
Most of that sort of stuff can crack if you pour it too thick & cure it too fast.
I used to use resins in art work & have had a number of thick sectioned
pours crack.
If you have already bought the other product; you could use it by doing an
initial pour or brush on, around the wires or pins & when dry, fill in with the
SS stuff.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad