[PSUBS-MAILIST] 12 volt Temp sensor

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 15 15:22:07 EDT 2017

Brian,
are you going to drill & tap a hole in the pod for the sensor, in which case
you could use an automotive oil sensor, or are you wanting to feed the sensor through
the same opening as the motor wiring? In which case you will need a very
small sensor. I have bought 3 temperature controllers recently. They all have
similar very small probes & have survived being left in a spa pool.
   I don't think you will have any problems with heat as long as you don't
run the motors out of the water for more than a few minutes.