[PSUBS-MAILIST] K250 machanical arm photos???

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Mar 21 16:11:45 EDT 2017

Hi Frankie,

My previous boat was a K250 and there are a couple of photos of the
mechanical arm on this page:

http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567810/snoopyin2010/

On Snoopy I made the parts that have movement of 316 to reduce maintenance
(moving parts scape off their own paint), and if I were to make this again
I'd just make the whole thing of 316 for that reason. The material cost
would not be much. Also, where it goes bolted to the hull go heavy with the
bolts. I had 1/4" bolts and sheared them all off when I hit a rock under
tow. The arm turned into a pretzel and I had to make a new one. It's
effectively your bumper in the K250, so make it beefy. You might also want
to consider the next round of changes that followed in 2012. Here's the
link:

http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567810/snoopyin2012/

Best,

Alec

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:56 PM, james cottrell via Personal_Submersibles <