[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Generation Inertial Sensors - Twice as Accurate

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 24 16:48:13 EDT 2017

Jim,
just had a look in Sea Technology magazine March edition, ( free online magazine)
& saw this...
http://www.link-quest.com/html/intro2.htm
It is a small module that tracks an underwater vehicle, has GPS & communicates
to the vehicle via an onboard PC or whatever. Haven't studied it, but I am sure
it could translate the underwater vehicles position to maps on the vehicles PC.
These days you have GPS mapping apps on your cel phone, so it wouldn't be too
hard. The next stage would be using the position signal from the submarine to
control motors on the buoy to follow it. On quad copters they have GPS & return
to start functions that return the quad copter to it's launch position should it's
transmitter lose contact. So the sought of technology to control the buoy thrusters
through position signals is alive & well & cheap.
   I won't be pursuing it, as I need to make my sub first :)