[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub on eBay - cheap

Brian via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue May 9 10:43:51 EDT 2017

Well . Mark Ragan and I and another fellow bought it.  How can you turn down
partial interest in a sub when entry into the club is only $500.00?

We've been receiving more pictures and looks like an interesting project.
There are ribs welded into place internally and from the few pictures we
have so far, looks like the ballast system was plumbed and motors put in
place and wired up.  Evidently it was designed by a naval architect so there
was at least one person involved who knew what he was doing.  Was being
built by a commercial diver who came down with cancer and died.  It then sat
for four years and the son decided he wanted it gone.  Kind of like how I
ended up with Lake Diver.  The son is thrilled people like us bought it and
might actually do something with it.

Looks to be 4 feet in diameter so not a small sub, but we can't figure out
why he put such small portholes on it.  We're working on getting it back to
Maryland.  We may complete it and launch it.  Or go through it and resell
it.  With the bow replaced with a large dome window it could make a pretty
nifty tourist sub.  We'll let you know when it gets up here and we start
crawling around in it.