[PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrator materials

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun May 14 23:40:22 EDT 2017

 Hi,I have a number of penetrators to do on my lights & other items, & I'mlooking for the best materials for them.My design is as below. It is the base of my light housing.I have stripped a small section of wire that runs through the epoxy. I am not sure of the best material on the next 2 layers.I am looking at this marine silicone, to seal about an inch up the wiring jacket.http://www.selleys.co.nz/car-care/sealants/marine/Am thinking I will apply this silicone with a brush & then tidy things up & both protect the silicone & support the cable with a molded rubberized outer layer.I am not sure of a suitable moldable material for a marine environment.Am guessing I will need about the same hardness as a standard o-ring.Any suggestions on the material or comments on the design thanks.Alan