[PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrator materials

Thu May 18 14:32:47 EDT 2017

Electrode diameter will be set by the voltage / current requirement of the circuit, just as you would size wire. Consider the total length of the wire run including the penetrator, and size for the allowable voltage drop. Allow for a bit of extra resistance in mechanical connections.

The distance between the electrode and the surrounding metal, through the potting compound, is dependent on the rated dielectric strength of the compound and the maximum voltage that the electrode will see.

Sean