[PSUBS-MAILIST] Still waiting

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 25 06:02:42 EDT 2017

Thanks for the update Brian,hope the test goes well.I am not an expert on vacuums but I believe the most external pressure you could possibly get onyour flexible hose (created by your vacuum)  at sea level is 14.7psi (atmospheric pressure).I did some calculations on clear plastic tube one time & found it could take more than I thought;somewhere around 100psi. However as soon as you squeeze or kink that hose out of round itbecomes very weak.Look forward to the test report.Alan