[PSUBS-MAILIST] batteries

Wed Nov 1 14:34:36 EDT 2017

Hi Rick,

Yes, the standard Min kota controller has reverse.  Its just a
potentiometer on a knob.

I went for 24v min kota rip tide 80's.  Wish I had gone for the 101's
to be honest.

I have the aft thruster rigged with the controller at the side of the
seat, so I set the power and trundle off.  I tend to use the aft
thruster for surface driving or slow seabed cruising, so its ok where
it is.  Then I use the side thrusters while submerged for manouvering.

Works ok for me.

The pots on the controllers are on a ribbon cable.  I didn't dare cut
them to extend to anything more useful, although I suspect it would
work.

To be honest, that's why I changed the side thrusters to simple on\off
relays.  The pots were to complicated to move.

Got a couple of links here on my site.
regards
James

This was how I had it originally.  Was awkward to use side thrusters.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/Extended_files/Page19613.htm

Main power panel.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/Extended_files/Page19348.htm