[PSUBS-MAILIST] Esmae close up 2

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Nov 6 16:47:24 EST 2017

Hi Brian,
I am not going to win a popularity contest here, but it looks like
you are going to need a ton more lead & maybe build an extra ballast tank
around the spherical portion! It seems way too high out of the water.
If you consider the volume & weight that you have above the water line; is that equal
to the volume of air that you have in your ballast tanks? I.e. when the air is released
is it going to be neutrally buoyant?
It also looks like the ballast tank end will pivot downward from the spherical
portion when the air is released, & you will have the submarine on a steep angle.
You would need a lot of lead in the bottom of the sphere.
I had to rebuild my ballast tanks & add a lot more lead to my sub, but it is
nowhere near the size of yours!
Would like to know what the opinion of other Psubbers is as I am open to
criticism on this!
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad