[PSUBS-MAILIST] actuators

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 28 17:09:59 EST 2017

Hank,
can the acetylene regulator relieve pressure? Also don't you want a
regulator that can be used external to the hull so you eliminate the requirement
for any through hulls.
You need some way of relieving pressure. If you dive to 500ft there will
be 250psi of air in the actuator to make it ambient, but if it's not relieved it will blow
the actuator apart before you reach the surface!
Another thought was "are there any electronics with electrolytic capacitors in
the actuator"? If so they may be vulnerable to pressure.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad