[PSUBS-MAILIST] USB thru hull

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Nov 30 21:37:14 EST 2017

Brian,
can you find a cross sectional diagram of the wire you are talking about?
Have attached one I found on line as an example. Looks a nightmare to pot.
This item has a plastic jacket & could be put in a compression fitting,
however I would do what Carsten & Emile have done & put a blue globe
fitting on the inside of the hull as well as the outside.
My only reservation about this is that depending on how the wires etc are
arranged inside the jacket, it could compress unevenly. You could try & fill
the area of the cable that is inside the compression fitting with expoxy by
cutting into the jacket & shielding & squirting a low viscosity epoxy in there.