[PSUBS-MAILIST] 36v alternator

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 16 21:24:14 EDT 2017

Hank,
What about using a surplus golf car motor as a generator? I know they are 48 volts and if you run at lower rpm you should be able to get 36v out, I would think.
Keith T.

-------- Original message --------From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 10/16/17  5:54 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 36v alternator

            Brian, On 24v the motor takes 70A  so at 36v it should be around 50A  so I don't think a charger will do it.  I like your AC motor idea, except that I intend to switch over to AGM when I dive and will drive the sub with the main motor.  I have to give it to the Nekton engineers, that drive with a rudder, really works well.  The addition of positioning thrusters up front will be perfect.  It would be different if I didn't use gamma as a boat and sub all in one.  I sure like your idea! I  am going to see if I can find a 3hp universal AC\DC motor.Hank