[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vessel for hire

RICK Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Oct 21 14:18:25 EDT 2017

Brian,

A friend of mine completely rebuilt an L-39 Albatross 2 seater jet for re sale and it is classed as “experimental” so cannot legally take people up for hire but when I flew in it a couple of times before he sold it, I gave him a (donation) which he said was legal.
I have also herd of people paying for a T shirt or giving money to join a club and getting a ride in something that you legally can’t charge money for.

You also need a well worded disclaimer drawn up by an attorney that they sign before stepping inside the sub that they fully understand and are aware of the fact that this is considered a dangerous venture and are willing to take the chances.
Things can certainly penetrate that document in court like gross negligence etc. but at least you have a better chance of prevailing than if you didn’t have them sign anything at all.
Rick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10