[PSUBS-MAILIST] gear set

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 23 20:59:48 EDT 2017

Hi All,I need ideas where I can find a plastic gear set for the wrist on my manipulator build.  I have the rotary actuator built and the gripper is well under way.  The way it works is, the rotary actuator shaft turns a shaft to open and close the fingers on the gripper (hand) The hand also free wheels on the same shaft so it can rotate 360 degrees continuously.  So I need a gear about 2 .5 inches in diameter and a matching gear about .5 inches or less  to drive the main gear.  The gear set will be driven by a second rotary actuator with a drive shaft enclosed in the arm member.Any leads would be great.Hank