[PSUBS-MAILIST] k-250 building questions

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Sep 6 05:23:16 EDT 2017

 Hi Philippe,It is nice to hear of another project getting under way.  I think if you are building from scratch, the side mount MBT's are the only way to go.  You can use four tanks with a space between the tanks for the side thruster wash.  I think however that steel tanks might be to heavy for a K250 , making the sub behave poorly when you transition from floating to sinking.  You will have to do some calculations first, I would recommend aluminum tanks over fibreglass.  My sub also had lead acid batteries in a sealed compartment with an air flow system for charging.  I went with AGM batteries for the simplicity and added safety.  Hank